III International G.Ots Musical Festival,
St. Petersburg on July 4-9, 2019
Call for applications completed.
We invite vocalists from all countries of the world, not younger than 20 and not older than 38 years old (inclusive at the time of the opening of the competition).
Prize pool: 1 prize - 2000 €, 2 prize - 1500 €, 3 prize - 1000 €
PROVISIONS ON HOLDING OF COMPETITION
I.VENUE AND TIMEFRAME OF THE FESTIVAL-COMPETITION
Dates - 04-09 July, 2019.
Venue - St. Petersburg State Cappella (22 Moika emb., Sankt-Peterburg, Russia)
II. AIMS OF THE FESTIVAL-COMPETITION
− Promotion of the performing school and traditions of the world musical theater;
− Transfer of best practices of musical art masters to young performers;
− Identification and support of the most talented performers;
− Formation and the cultivation of the artistic taste, positive social attitudes and interests of the younger generation; introducing of children, teenagers and young people to the best cultural traditions.
III. PRINCIPAL EVENTS
− Open international music contest of vocalists.
− Master classes.
− Gala concert of the finalists and Prize Winners of the contest.
− Concerts of the leading musicians of the world.
− Round table. Meetings with members of the jury, leading experts in the field of music.
IV. ORGINIZERS OF FESTIVAL-CONTENT
Organizing Committee. The autonomous non-profit organization International G.Ots Musical Festival handles the preparation of and runs the festival-competition dealing with organizational and financial issues.
Jury. The international jury includes leading musicians, theater figures, producers, teachers of musical achools. The jury evaluates the performances, taking into account the artistic value and complexity of the program performed, artistic merit and performance skills, and judges the performances making decisions on letting the contestants to compete in the following rounds, awards prizes and diplomas.
V. SCHEDULE OF THE COMPETITION
|04 July 2019 года||- Registration of the participants. The qualifying draw procedure|
|05 July 2019 года||- 1st Round|
|06 July 2019 года||- 1st Round|
|07 July 2019 года||- 2nd Round|
|- Master class|
|08 July 2019 года||- Rehearsals of the finalists|
|- 3rd Round|
|09 July 2019 года||- Gala concert of the finalists and Prize Winners of the Competition|
VI. PRIZES ANS AWARDS
1 prize - 2000 euro
2 prize - 1500 euro
3 prize - 1000 euro
Monetary awards to be paid in Russian rubles at the rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation as of the day of payment.
The organizer performs the duties of the tax agent, calculating the personal income tax and deducting it from the money part of the prize in accordance with the tax legislation of the Russian Federation.
The Jury shall have the right not to award any of the prizes or to split the prize between the competitors.
Diploma of the Contestant.
VII. GENERAL RULES FOR THE CONTESTANTS
Regulations of the Competition.
1.Participants from any country can take part in the Competition.
2. The age of the contestants should be at least 20 years, and no older than 38 years (inclusive) at the time of opening of the contest (04 of July 2019).
3. The contest is held in the solo singing nomination. All pieces should be performed by heart in the original language and key. Each candidate must choose six arias at least three composers and at least in two languages. Within the same round, the arias of the same composer are not allowed.
4. It’s not possible to repeat any arias from the previous rounds.
5. The contestant should agree with Directorate of the Competition on the availability of scores and orchestral parts for the performance in the 3rd Round. In case if the Directorate of the Competition has no required materials, the contestant should provide the Directorate with scores and orchestral parts of the arias in electronic format or in printed copies not later than on the day of the registration of the participants.
6. There is a special nomination "Musical comedy" (operetta arias in the 3rd round may be performed in the contestant's native language). The contestants are not obliged to take part in it. The nomination is evaluated separately from the main competition.
7. The changes in the declared program are not allowed without the permission of the Jury.
8. The order of performances of the contestants in the 1st round is determined the Directorate and kept throughout the entire Contest. The jury may decide to change the order of performances due to the illness of the contestant or other force majeure circumstances.
9. The Contest is held in 3 rounds. The 1st and 2nd rounds are accompanied by a piano, the 3rd round is accompanied by an orchestra.
10. Only the participants who submitted the papers to the Directorate of the Contest in time and in the specified format, and who received an official invitation from the Directorate, are allowed to the first round of the competition.
11. The contestants are allowed to take part in the 2nd and 3rd rounds according to the decision of the Jury.
12. The jury has a right to review only a part of the program for the 1st and 2nd rounds as presented by the contestant, or to stop the contestant at any time.
13. The contest is held in accordance with the schedule published on the web site of the Contest.
14. The results of all three rounds are announced at their end. After each round, a round table discussion of the Jury members with the participants of the round is held.
15. The contestants are provided with rehearsal rooms before each round.
16. The contestant can participate in the contest with an accompanist, or can use the services of an accompanist, offered by the Directorate (at an extra charge), which should be made known in the Application Form. In the case of performing with his/her own accompanist, the contestant should bear all costs of the invitation and accommodation.
17. To perform in all three rounds of the competition, a concert attire is required.
18. All contestants should be ready to participate in concerts held within the framework of the Contest, free of charge.
19. All the winners of the Contest are obliged to participate in the final Gala concert free of charge. If a contestant refuses to take part in the final Gala concert, his/her prize may be revoked.
20. All auditions are open for the public.
− By his/her registration, the contestant declares that no third party may claim any copyright and/or other legal rights to the materials created during the Contest.
− All rights to distribute the audio and video materials of the Competition, including for commercial purposes, shall belong to the ANO The International G.Ots Musical Festival.
− In addition, the contestant shall cede the rights for broadcasting and distribution of materials, free of charge and for an unlimited period of time, to the organizers of the Contest.
− The Organizing Committee of the Contest has a right to conduct audio and video recording, to broadcast the auditions of the Contest, concerts and the final Gala concert by radio, television and on the Internet, without any additional compensation to the contestants.
− Audio and video recording during the Competition is prohibited.
22 Distribution and sales of advertising, printed and other products is carried out only under the written permission of the Directorate of the Contest.
23. In case of disagreement in the interpretation of the conditions of the Contest, the Russian text shall prevail.
VIII. DOCUMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
1. Application form for the participant (the form is attached).
2. A brief artistic biography (not more than 700 characters), which should cover educational background, teachers; wins in other competitions; information about working in a theatre.
3. Photo (digital, at least 1Mb), for posting on the site and in the booklet of the contest.
4. In case of an on-site accompanist being invited, the musical material of the performed compositions should e-mailed together with the package of documents for participation and in print on the day of registration. 5. A copy of the receipt for the payment of the entrance fee.
5. A copy of the receipt for the payment of the entrance fee.
Entrance fee is paid by bank transfer not later than 20 of June, 2019.
Bank account details for payment of the entrance fee:
Autonomous noncommercial organization «The International musical G.Ots Festival»
INN 7807150720, KPP 780701001,
Current account 40703810290450000029
In the Bank "Saint-Petersburg" PJSC,
Saint- Petersburg, Russia
Correspondent account 30101810900000000790, BIC 044030790
Purpose of payment: JSBSRU2P
Entrance fee for the G.Otsa contest (full name of the participant)
Banking costs are paid by the participant.
!! When filling the receipt or transfer order, no single letter or figure could be changed in the bank account details, otherwise funds are not credited to the contest account and the fee is considered to be unpaid.
All documents should be submitted to the Organizing Committee by e-mail email@example.com no later than on 20 of June, 2019 The Organizing Committee reserves the right not to consider applications received after this date.
If the candidate refuses to participate at any stage of the contest, the documents and the entry fee will not be returned.
The participant receives a Russian entry visa by him/herself on the basis of an invitation issued by the Organizing Committee of the Contest (We draw your attention that the period of the Russian visa processing is 3-4 weeks).
The application form and a copy of the entrance fee payment receipt sent by a contestant confirm that a contestant fully agrees with conditions presented in this Regulation.
After receiving the application form and paying the entrance fee, the Directorate sends an invitation to the participant to the Contest.
RUB 7000 / EUR90
Euro payments shall be agreed with the Organizing Committee of the contest.
REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS
At registration it is necessary to submit:
− passport (original);
− 2 copies of notes the 1st and 2nd rounds.
IX. TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
1. All costs related to travel and accommodation are borne by the contestants themselves.
2. In the case of performance with his/her accompanist, contestant should bear all costs for his invitation and accommodation.
X. CONTACT INFORMATION
Autonomous noncommercial organization «International musical G.Ots Festival»
Directorate of the Festival:
Tel.: +372 513 22 13, +7 921 443 89 47
E-mail (application): firstname.lastname@example.org